Car owners with children can most definitely relate to the horror of seeing our car’s leather seat damaged by drink spills and food crumbs. The good thing is that we can find all kinds of protection against every kind of damage to our prized possessions. One such solution to our car seat problem is a car seat protector.
If you’re looking for the best car seat protector in the market, then you’ve come to the right place. Because I have done the hard work for you and have reviewed dozens of models to bring you the best car seat protectors.
In addition, I will introduce the following related topics.
- Product Details (Including advantages and disadvantages)
- Buyer’s Guide to the Best Car Seat Protectors
- Benefits of Car Seat Protectors
- Types of Car Seat Protectors
- Precautions When Using a Seat Protector
- Safety Tips before Using a Seat Protector
- Car Seat Protector Installation
I will also answer some common questions.
- What Should You Look for in a Car Seat Protector?
- Will a Car Seat Protector Protect My Entire Vehicle Seat?
- What Car Seat Protector Will Work with My Child’s Car Seat?
- Do Car Seat Protectors Protect Leather?
- Will It Cause the Car Seat to Slip?
- Can I Use the Same Protector for Rear-Facing and Rorward-Facing?
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Best Car Seat Protectors Comparison Table
What Should You Look for in a Car Seat Protector?
A car seat protector covers your car seats and protects them against damage from everyday use. It’s essential for families who have children because it also helps keep the baby’s car seat in place. The latest car seats also offer additional benefits like pockets and even trash bins to maintain your car’s pristine condition.
Some of the things you should look for in a car seat protector are the following:
- Suits your car’s interior design and color
- Has a non-slip surface
- Made of spill-proof, scratch-proof material
- Has good coverage of your seats
- Made of easy-to-clean material
- Good bonus: pockets for items like phone and baby gear
Top 15 Best Car Seat Protector
- Munchkin Auto Seat Protector
- Brica Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector
- Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector with Thickest Padding
- Britax Vehicle Seat Protector
- QAQADU Ultimate Car Seat Protector
- Ohuhu Car Seat Protector Cover (2-Pack)
- Zohzo Child & Infant Car Seat Protector (2 Pack)
- Drive Auto Products Car Seat Protector (2-Pack)
- Hippih Car Seat Protector (2-Pack)
- Emma + Ollie Car Seat Protector and Kick Mat Car Seat Cover (4 Pack)
- Lebogner Car Seat Protector
- BabySeater Car Seat Protector with Trash Can
- Royal Oxford Luxury Car Seat Protector
- Summer Infant Elite DuoMat
- Cheekie Monkie Super Seat Saver Mat
1. Munchkin Auto Seat Protector – Editor’s Choice & Best Seller
Munchkin has launched an excellent and affordable car seat protector. This car seat protector is easy to install and extremely affordable. It has a stabilizing wedge to keep it in place and latch lower anchors to accommodate your baby’s car seat. It also helps that it’s made of sturdy, non-slip material, which prevents your child’s car seat from going off the edge.
Its waterproof material makes for easy cleaning, and its color doesn’t rub off on your prized leather seats. Plus, it features an expandable mesh net to store extra stuff like your phone and baby things like your baby’s bottle.
2. Brica Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector – Professional’s Choice
- The product measures 45" L x 20" W.
- Color safe construction won't bleed onto upholstery
- Dual grip traction technology grips on both sides to help minimize...
- Rear facing kick mat provides complete seat back coverage. Vinyl...
- Unique one piece design is compatible with all car seats
Brica Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector gives maximum coverage with its high-back design. This lets you use a rear-facing baby car seat without the shoe prints on your seat’s backrest. Its vinyl material is well-trusted by many customers for its non-fade, non-bleed quality.
It has raised walls that can easily catch food crumbs and spills without spreading to your seat. For added security, it clips around your car’s headrest and because it’s made of vinyl, it’s also very easy to clean.
3. Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector with Thickest Padding
- EXTEND YOUR CAR'S UPHOLSTERY LIFE: If you are looking for a stylish...
- WON'T SLIDE OR SLIP: Designed with your best interest at heart, this...
- WHEN DURABILITY MEETS STYLE: Made from high quality PVC leather, our...
- IT'S ALL ABOUT ERGONOMICS: Save your precious time and energy and keep...
- GET THIS COOL CAR SEAT COVER RISK FREE: Since your satisfaction is our...
Lusso Gear gives us a stylish car seat protector with very thick padding. It can extend the life of your car upholstery by protecting it from pet scratches, child spills, and unsightly indentations from car safety seats.
Its high-quality PVC leather matches leather seats well. It doesn’t slide or slip, which is a major safety concern for parents who are thinking twice about using a car seat protector.
4. Britax Vehicle Seat Protector
- Protect: Designed for full coverage of the car seat base to minimize...
- Prevent: Raised edges catch spills and crumbs, while front seat guard...
- Easy clean-up: Waterproof rubber makes for quick and easy clean-up...
- No slip grip: Engineered, non-slip material grips to vehicle and car...
- Fit: 0.9" W x 26.5" H x 18.6" D. Crash tested and approved for use...
Britax Vehicle Seat Protector looks like a tray but made of rubber material, which makes it very easy to clean and install. Its rubber make also helps keep the car seat tightly in place. Its raised edges also keep the crumbs and drink spills within the ‘tray.’
It doesn’t have pockets, but it has a front seat guard to protect your car seat from your child’s kicks. It’s also crash tested and goes well with any Britax car seat.
5. QAQADU Ultimate Car Seat Protector
- SAY GOODBYE TO MESSY CAR SEATS ONCE & FOR ALL! - Looking for an easy...
- WATERPROOF & DIRT-PROOF DESIGN FOR MAXIMUM PROTECTION! - Unlike other...
- A MUST-HAVE FOR PARENTS & PET OWNERS! - Traveling with your children...
- SUPER-EASY TO INSTALL & REMOVE! - You can install the QAQADU car seat...
- 100% CAR SEAT PROTECTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK! - Try our heavy-duty car...
QAQADU’s Ultimate Car Seat Protector has a large coverage and suits any car type well. It’s water resistant, so it won’t absorb liquid spills. It’s made of easy-to-clean material and its anti-slip backing helps it stay in place.
Some car owners who don’t have children also buy this product to protect their leather seats from wear and tear. It will help protect your seats from the baby car seat’s dents, and it’s super easy to install.
6. Ohuhu Car Seat Protector Cover (2-Pack)
- 2-PACK, SECURES CAR SEAT: Double sided anti slip grip on the seat and...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The materials will protect the car seat and car...
- CONVENIENT MESH POCKETS: Handy mesh pockets are for quick and...
- CRASH TESTED: It works with both forward-facing and rear-facing seats...
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SEATS: Unique one-piece design fits in all types...
Ohuhu Car Seat Protector features a double-sided anti-slip technology that keeps it in place under your baby’s car seat. It’s made of waterproof, easy-to-clean material that will help manage your kids’ everyday messes.
It has a universal fit and has been crash tested with forward-facing and rear-facing car seats. It also has easily accessible mesh pockets for your child’s toys and bottles. Its unique one-piece design can fit most kinds of cars. It’s also widely used by car owners who don’t have child car seats and simply need it for seat protection.
7. Zohzo Uptown Car Seat Protector with Storage Pockets (2-Pack)
- INNOVATIVE - MOST COMPLETE PROTECTION OF ANY AUTO CAR SEAT PROTECTOR...
- SAFEST - ENGINEERED for BEST IN CLASS CRASH PERFORMANCE - SECURES to...
- MESSY KID PROOF YOUR CAR with ULTRA-DURABLE BABY CAR SEAT PROTECTOR:...
- MAKES LIFE EASIER - EASY CLEAN, FAST INSTALLATION, FITS ALL CAR SEATS...
- HANDY STORAGE & A LIFETIME GUARANTEE - BEST VALUE, BEST QUALITY for...
Zohzo’s Uptown Car Seat Protector has an irresistible seamless design. Its raised edges help catch food crumbs and spills. It also has extra-long straps that are easy to adjust and can fit any headrest.
It has double-padded high-density foam that stops your baby’s car seat from making a dent on your beloved seats. It’s also made of double-layer fabric, making it more durable than some competitors. It doesn’t hurt that its flexibility makes it compatible with all kinds of car seats and latch systems.
8. Drive Auto Products Car Seat Protector (2-Pack)
- (Old Model Closeout Item While Supplies Last, Clearing the way for new...
- THICKEST FOAM PADDING After discovering others aren't thick enough...
- HEAT RESISTANT Heat resistant to over 500° F! Will not melt even...
- HEAVY DUTY WATERPROOF Premium Oxford fabrics are lined to prevent...
- UNIVERSAL NEUTRAL FIT Color matches beautifully with all vehicle...
Drive Auto Products Car Seat Protector has a wonderful neoprene non-slip backing that ensures it stays in place. It has an extra 2 cm-thick padding that keeps car seat dents away. It protects from spills and stains like any standard car protector.
It’s made from durable Oxford fabric with a liner that prevents water from getting to your seats. It has a universal fit and the black and dark grey color combination seems neutral enough to suit your car interior. They’re also comfortable to sit on, so they’re good to use even if you’re not using it for a child car seat.
9. Hippih Car Seat Protector (2-Pack)
- KEEP YOUR CAR'S UPHOLSTERY NEW: Extend the lifespan of car seat,...
- STAY SECURELY IN PLACE: The adjustable safety straps that will tie the...
- SAVE TIME ON CARE: No need to spend much time on cleaning works....
- DURABLE WITH HANDY POCKETS: Premium material, well-made workmanship,...
- LARGE COVERAGE: Fit to most vehicles with the measurement - the seat:...
Unlike other car seat protectors, the Hippih Car Seat Protector is made of a combination of leather, Oxford, and pearl wool. It fit most types of cars and has a large coverages. It stays securely in place with help from its adjustable straps that are secured against your seat’s headrest.
It can be easily cleaned by a wet cloth, but machine wash is not recommended. Its high-back design also makes it suitable for both forward-facing and rear-facing car seats.
10. Emma + Ollie Car Seat Protector and Kick Mat Car Seat Cover (4-Pack)
- THE COMPLETE CAR PROTECTION SET: If you have kids or pets in your car...
- EASY TO INSTALL: This car protector mat set is easy to install and...
- 2 THICK PADDED CAR SEAT PROTECTORS: Heavy duty construction and thick...
- 2 FIVE-POCKET XL KICK MAT ORGANIZER: Keep your car organized and clean...
- BEST QUALITY & SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: These are top quality mats...
Emma + Ollie offers a combo pack of 2 car seat protectors and 2 kick mats for a very low price. This quantity doesn’t sacrifice quality though as both pairs are made of durable, water-resistant material that keeps water spills out of your car interiors.
The car seat protector is okay for all car models and can be machine washed. It has non-slip backing and thick padding. The kick mats, on the other hand, come with a five-pocket organizer for all sorts of items like snacks, tissues, and books. One pocket is specially designed for baby wipes.
11. Lebogner Car Seat Protector
- Our Car Seat Protector Is Made Out Of Durable Material To A Very High...
- Our Car Seat Protector is designed with super grip vinyl corners to...
- Our Kick Mat Measures 19" wide x 27" long, Has double layered fabric...
- Buy It Now With Confidence, This Best TOP QUALITY CAR SEAT AND KICK...
- Our Kick Mat includes 3 organizer pockets on the front for handy...
The Lebogner Car Seat Protector has super grip vinyl corners that keep your baby’s car seat from slipping. Its back cover has an anti-slip design so it will work with both leather and cloth seats. It’s also super easy to install. You just need to hang the top straps around the headrest and tighten it as you please. This removes the problem of strap buckles breaking.
This pack comes with an extra wide kick mat that measures 19 inches wide and 27 inches long. It has 3 organizer pockets positioned on top with the lower half of the kick mat cleared from any obstruction and free for your kids to kick as they like. Its simple black design also matches with most car interiors.
12. BabySeater Car Seat Protector with Trash Can
- KEEP YOUR CAR LOOKING NEW - Car seats are unavoidable when you have a...
- ROLLS IN THE BIN - Wrappers and trash have a way of overtaking your...
- DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE - Whether it's food, drink, or messy toys,...
- A QUICK SNAP - Installing car seats is complicated enough, so we made...
- LOVE IT FOR A LIFETIME - At BabySeater, we pride ourselves on...
This car seat protector is specially designed with cleanliness in mind. It has a clean look with its black fabric and green stitching design. Most importantly, it has a unique built-in trash bin that will help keep your car clutter-free. It can store as much as 10 gallons worth of trash.
It’s made of high-quality, waterproof material that simply requires a wet cloth for wiping. It’s easy to install and comes with a roll of trash bags as a bonus.
13. Royal Oxford Luxury Car Seat Protector – Best Looking
- UNFORTUNATELY, although this amazing protector was originally designed...
- FACT: "Cheapest" protectors don't last, and "Thickest padding"...
- THIS, is made from Range-Topping 900 Oxford material for highest...
- Unlike generic and low-cost 600 or 420 protectors, this is a true...
- 2018 Upgrade - XL size with gap for latch system + White PVC bottom...
Royal Oxford Luxury Car Seat Protector has a premium feel to it. It’s made from stitched and sewn handmade material called 900D Oxford fabric patented by Bebe by Me. This waterproof cover prevents spillage from getting to your seats.
It’s slightly smaller than other car seat protectors, which makes it perfect for booster seats. It has raised dots on the back that prevent slips and keep it in place. There’s an extra tuck-in flap to give more security for your baby’s car seat. This is ideal not just for people with children but also for pet owners and car owners who want their seats to last longer.
14. Summer Infant Elite DuoMat
- Provides the most complete protectio
The Summer Infant Elite DuoMat has a simple design that utilizes a simple anchoring and non-skid backing. The absence of tangly straps gives it a clean look. It’s cut out to work well with your car’s LATCH system.
It has a textured vinyl cover that prevents your baby’s car seat from going off the edge. Its foldable back works well with front-facing and rear-facing baby car seats. It has also been crash tested with major car seat manufacturers in accordance with the FMVSS213 Crash Test Pulse.
15. Cheekie Monkie Super Seat Saver Mat
- Latch compatible. Works with forward and rear facing car seats,...
- Extra strength non-slip backing, sturdy foam pads, waterproof, easy to...
- Made from high quality materials and guaranteed to last
- Easy to install. Universal design makes it fit in any vehicle....
- Excellent coverage to prevent scrapes, scuffs, stains, and spills
Cheekie Monkie Super Seat Saver Mat is indeed more affordable than other car seat protectors. It’s compatible with the LATCH system of cars manufactured from 2003 onwards. It has a non-slip surface that secures a child’s car seat.
It has a simple black and gray design with red stitching. It has expandable mesh pockets at the bottom where you can store some baby items.
Benefits of Car Seat Protectors
Car seat protectors are important in protecting your car interiors from the everyday messes caused by your children and pets. Here are some reasons why we recommend car seat protectors and why you should go buy one right now:
Protects your car seat from crumbs and spills
For car owners with children, it’s almost impossible for our children not to ask for snacks or drinks while inside the car. No matter how much we try to feed our kids before getting in the car, they will inevitably ask for something to munch on during the car trip. Sometimes, we even prefer feeding them just to keep them busy. As a result, we have to deal with an accumulation of food crumbs in the cracks of our seats and on the floor.
Some of us even have to deal with ant problems because of the little food deposits all over the car. The good thing is that we don’t have to live like this anymore. Baby gear and car accessory manufacturers are making car seat protectors of all shapes and sizes to help us keep our cars clean.
Most of these products are water-resistant so you don’t have to worry about spills from drinks anymore, and they’re also designed to catch the food crumbs and keep them off your seats.
Helps your car upholstery last longer
While child safety seats are an absolute necessity, it’s undeniable that they put so much pressure on our back seats. Some safety seats even leave permanent indentations on our seats. At the very least, there will be scratch marks from everyday contact with our heavy-duty safety seats.
A car seat protector will protect your leather and/or cloth seats from damage by taking the majority of the brunt of daily use. We say ‘majority’ because it’s not really possible for car seat protectors of today to take on all the pressure from child safety seats, stomping feet, and diaper blowouts.
What it can do is to minimize the damage considerably. Would you rather wipe baby poo from a detachable, washable protector or from your brand-new leather seats? Your choice.
Saves you money
Having a car seat protector saves you some trips to the auto shop. Instead of having to go there to have your upholstery overhauled, you can just cover your seat and extend its life by averting the usual damage from everyday use.
Most car seat protectors last for years, so you don’t have to buy one every year. In the uncommon event when something really bad happened to your car seat protector and you have to buy a new one, your cost wouldn’t be high because car seat protectors are mostly affordable with some good quality ones even costing a mere $10.
All of them are washable and do not require special cleaning agents, so you wouldn’t have to spend extra money on their maintenance.
Gives you peace of mind
Perhaps the most important benefit of owning car seat protectors is the gift of peace of mind. Most car owners who have pets and kids tend to worry a lot about the condition of their seats. They’re torn between wanting to preserve the newness of their car seats and letting their kids be kids in their cars.
Well, you don’t have to choose between the two. You just need to have something that protects the car seats while your kids and pets have fun in their much-awaited car rides with you.
With car seat protectors, your child can drink and eat in the car and step on the seats, and you don’t have to worry about damaging the upholstery.
Types of Car Seat Protectors
Part of your decision is having more information about car seat protectors as a class. Here are the three types of car seat protectors to choose from according to fit:
These protectors have the perfect fit for your car. They are tailor-made for your particular car model and type, so they settle nicely on your seats, giving them that seamless look. For baby car seat protectors, this kind is quite rare.
These are cheaper than custom-fit protectors, ideal for your budget. They offer the same kind of protection but may not be as stylish as customized versions.
Universal Seat Protectors
The universal type of protector is designed to fit all types of car models and seat sizes. They usually have large coverage and are made of pretty durable material. As is a common complaint against mass-market goods, universal seat protectors may not fit your seat exactly as you’d like it.
You may need to make slight adjustments of your own, but rest assured that these protectors are considered value for your money as they are both affordable and long-lasting. All of the car seat protectors on our list are of the universal type.
Aside from fit, you will have to consider the material from which the car seat protector is made. There are two main styles:
Many manufacturers use soft material in their car seat protectors. Nylon and polyester are two of the most common materials used. They are usually paired with more gripping materials like rubber and PVC leather, which help the protector stay in place. Some of the best car seat protectors ditch plastic or nylon and simply use rubber or leather for the whole product.
Protectors made of soft material are very easy to install and detach. They are also a breeze to clean. Eventually, this type of material may fade out, but it’s still better to replace them than overhaul your whole seat.
Some protectors are made of harder material like hard rubber and dense polyurethane foam. They are not as flexible as soft materials, but they are sturdier and serve as a solid base for your baby’s car seat. However, they do cause more friction and may be uncomfortable to sit on if you’re not using them for booster seats.
Precautions When Using a Seat Protector
Many car seat manufacturers do not recommend using protectors under car seats because of compatibility and safety issues. While it’s not an inherently dangerous product, an improperly installed car seat protector might dislodge the car seat in the event of a crash.
This is why it’s very important to follow instructions when installing both the car seat and the seat protector. They should be compatible with each other in that the protector won’t interfere with the complete and proper installation of the car seat. If the protector doesn’t let you fully use the car’s LATCH system, then you shouldn’t use that brand. The risk is not just worth it.
You should also check the car seat manual. The manufacturer of your baby’s safety seat has instructions on whether they recommend car seat protectors or not. Some may allow the use of towels and blankets, while others have their own brand of car seat protectors that their car seat warranties will cover.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Car Seat Protectors
There are a lot of choices among car seat protectors these days. To add to the confusion, they all have different designs, prices, and bonuses. Here’s a guide to help you decide on the best car seat protector for your family:
Your car seat protector will serve many purposes, so you need a protector that’s made of durable material. You need something that will last a long time and not easily replaced. Some of the best materials for car seat protectors are leather, soft plastic, rubber, vinyl, and neoprene—the last one is made from the same material as scuba suits.
Choose a seat protector that is sturdy, waterproof, and doesn’t bleed easily. It should also be thick enough to minimize the dents made by your baby’s car seat.
The car seat protector should be easy to install. Choose one that doesn’t take too much time to set up. You also don’t want something that easily comes off when your child is on board. As such, safety should be your top priority when choosing a seat protector.
Test if the product slides around the seat, especially when the car is on the move. Make sure that it doesn’t get in the way of the tethers and anchors necessary for installing your child’s car seat. It’s also best to check if the car seat protector has been crash tested by its manufacturer.
This may not be a priority to others, but often great design is linked to great quality. The design of the seat protector tells you so much about the amount of thought given to the making of the product.
You want a car seat protector that has the right cut-outs to accommodate your car seat’s proper installation. You want something that extends to the parts of your seat that come into contact with dirt a lot—that is, from top to bottom. Choose a brand that has matching color with your car interior or at least something with neutral colors like black and gray.
You want something that doesn’t just do its job well but looks good while doing it.
Most car seat protectors are waterproof, while some are at least water-resistant. For light stains, it’s usually enough to do a spot clean using a damp cloth. For more serious stains, gentle handwashing will do. Of course, don’t forget to check the washing instructions if this is advisable. Some brands allow machine wash, which is more convenient than handwash.
Car seat protectors range in prices, but most of them are affordable. More expensive brands range from $30-$40, while there are cheaper options for $15 or less. High prices are not necessarily reflective of quality as there are some more affordable brands that offer the same premium quality as well-known brands.
It might be helpful to check other customers’ reviews of car seat protectors. Look for reviewers with similar concerns as you (e.g. same car model or same car seat brand). Decide based on your specific needs.
Last but not least, consider the warranty of the product. Check if the protector has a return policy and if they allow returning a product you’re not satisfied with. This is added protection to you as a buyer.
Safety Tips before Using a Seat Protector
Whenever you’re adding an accessory to your car, it’s always important to think about safety first. Anything you install can potentially harm your passengers in case something goes wrong. You can minimize the risk of this happening by observing some safety guidelines.
Car seat first
You shouldn’t use the seat protector if it requires adjusting the car seat installation. It shouldn’t change a single step in the process of installing your car seat. If you find that you need to loosen the car seat a bit to fit the protector in, don’t use the protector. Return it to the seller and find a different brand. Changing the way your car seat is supposed to be installed puts your child in danger.
Check the manual
Read the car seat manual to find out if the manufacturer allows the use of a seat protector underneath their car seats. Remember some manufacturers don’t allow it.
At the same time, make sure you follow the instructions for the car seat protector’s installation. Most of them are super easy to install, but make sure you get everything right. Avoid modifying the installation as it might sacrifice safety.
Test their compatibility
Observe the car seat with and without the seat protector. If you’ve already placed the protector underneath the car seat, remove it without uninstalling the car seat. You may have to undo an anchor or two or the seat belt. Just slip the protector out. When it’s gone, put back the anchor or seat belt. Check the car seat’s movement. If it can move freely or feels loose without the protector, then the two are not compatible. If the car seat only moves by an inch or less, then it’s a good match. It means the protector doesn’t loosen the car seat up.
Car Seat Protector Installation
Car seat protectors are pretty easy to install. Because of the similarity in designs, they are also installed in very similar ways. Of course, your seat protector’s manual takes precedence over this general instruction, but here are basic steps to follow when installing a seat protector:
Choose a spot for your protector.
Most parents use a protector for just the car seat area, while others opt to have car seat protectors for the entire back seat.
Place the protector.
After choosing the spot, unfold the protector. You can position it on the chosen seat to try and seat how it looks. When you’re ready to install it, find the foldable wedge in the middle of the protector.
Most protectors have a wedge, but others have a different mechanism in place so don’t panic. The wedge should be inserted in the crevice or narrow opening in the middle of your seat. This helps keep the protector steady.
Hang the protector.
The upper side of car seat protectors usually has straps with plastic buckles. Wrap them around your headrest. Clip the straps together and adjust the straps if necessary. Make sure the back of the protector doesn’t hang loose. That’s it! You’ve installed your protector.
Remember that the protector should not be too big that it covers the seat belt or any part of your car’s LATCH system. It shouldn’t move while you’re driving.
Be aware that car seat protectors are not covered by federal safety standards so claims by manufacturers that their products meet standards are not necessarily government standards. It’s most likely the company’s internal testing. This is not to say that protectors are unsafe, but they are yet to be government-regulated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will a Car Seat Protector Protect My Entire Vehicle Seat?
It depends on the make of the protector. Most car seat protectors have a one-piece design that covers both the bottom and the back of a seat, but only one seat. Some models only cover the bottom of the seat.
Even among one-piece protectors, there are variations. Some go all the way to the headrest, while others only get halfway through. It’s important to check the dimensions of the protector you want to buy.
What Car Seat Protector Will Work with My Child’s Car Seat?
To best answer this, you should determine the size of your car seat and the protector. Measure the base of your car seat and then check the dimensions of the seat protector. On Amazon, the dimensions are found in the product details in the middle of the product page.
Car seats with wider bases need wider protectors. Knowing the size should help you decide on the best protector to choose.
Do Car Seat Protectors Protect Leather?
This is what they’re made for. Most car owners buy seat protectors to prolong the life of their leather seats. They will also protect other car seat fabrics like cloth.
Depending on the thickness of the protector, you might still see slight indentations on your leather seats. Choose a protector with thick padding if you prefer not to have this.
Will It Cause the Car Seat to Slip?
It shouldn’t. As long as your car seat is properly installed, there’s no need to worry that your car seat is going to slip. Your child’s car seat should be so tightly secured against your leather seats that there’s no room for extra movement even with a protector underneath it.
Can I Use the Same Protector for Rear-Facing and Rorward-Facing?
Mostly yes. A lot of the car seat protectors featured on our list have a one-piece, high-back design. This makes them great for both rear-facing and forward-facing car seats. They particularly go well with rear-facing designs for which they serve as kick mats for the baby’s feet.
It’s mainly up to your preference or how much protection you want your seats to have. The bottom of the protector is the most important part, so make sure that it’s sturdy enough to bear the brunt of your baby’s car seat.
Installing a car seat protector in your seats is the cheapest way to protect your car upholstery. Most of them have very affordable price tags, and they don’t take too much effort to set up. The best car seat protector blends so well with your car interior that you barely even notice it.
Instead of vacuuming your car seats every week, you should let car seat protectors catch the food crumbs and soda spills for you and save you the trouble of overhauling your precious leather seats later on. Aside from sanitation, the affordability of these car seat protectors is just too much to resist.
All of the products featured in this article offer the best prices possible without sacrificing the quality of the material, ample coverage for your car seat, and bonus compartments to help store your things and keep your car clutter-free.
I hope our review helped you decide on the best car seat protector for your family.
Editor’s Choice & Best Seller
- The product measures 45" L x 20" W.
- Color safe construction won't bleed onto upholstery
- Dual grip traction technology grips on both sides to help minimize...
- Rear facing kick mat provides complete seat back coverage. Vinyl...
- Unique one piece design is compatible with all car seats
Last update on 2019-01-18 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API