Are you on a quest to find the (1st birthday) gift ideas for 1 year old girls?
Then you’re in the right place. Because I have done the hard work for you and have reviewed dozens of models to bring you the best gift ideas for 1 year old girls.
Coming up with a list of items you consider the best for your little princess isn’t always an easy endeavor. It took us days of scouring the internet for toys that would bring joy to our little princess.
The selection/scoring process involved looking at the toy’s quality of design, usefulness, developmental appropriateness, safety features, parent feedback, and positive consumer feedback and ratings. Negative feedback and comments were also taken into consideration to help determine the overall value of the toy.
These are presumably the same things you would take into account when shopping for the right toy for your princess/little one.
In addition, I will introduce the following related topics.
- Product Details
- Buyer’s Guide
I will also answer some common questions.
- Will my child still enjoy using these toys when getting older?
- Are instructions included with the toys?
- Do any of the toys include a warranty?
- Do I need to be worried about toxic materials?
- Does that mean these toys are 100% safe?
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Top 3 Picks
1. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes
- Inspires a lifelong love of music
- Baby can switch between 7 total melodies
- Perfectly sized for ages 3 to 36 months
- Volume control is music to mom & dad's ears. Benefits - grasping and...
- Melodies and lights powered by 2 AA batteries
Everything from taste, touch, smell, sound, and sight is stimulating to young ones. Most babies will start responding to sounds and music at a very tender age, hence start getting their groove on. The Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes is a junior jukebox that produces up to seven melodies and lights up in sync with the sounds produced. The junior jukebox also has a volume control knob for adjusting the volume to preferred levels. The toy is powered by two AA batteries which are readily available in stores. This little jukebox is also made of a colorful polypropylene which makes it easy to wipe and clean.
Babies too love listening to music, which again makes the Baby Einstein Take Alone Tunes Toy among the right toys for the little angel. The little tunes will have your girl giggling and wiggling in no time.
2. Mega Bloks Big Building Bag
- Award-winning big blocks for little hands
- Attachable wheelbase to bring imaginary cars to life
- Vibrant colors that kids love
- 80 pieces for hours of quality time
- Great gift for Mega Bloks fans
The mega blocks big building bag is designed for children between the age of 1 and 5 years. It helps bring out the kid’s creative side by giving her the tools required to build a castle fort with. If concerned about your child’s safety, the blocks are big enough such that your girl won’t swallow. As an added advantage, these building blocks are compatible with any other playing mega blocks you might already have in her collection. This could be the perfect birthday gift for her.
3. Manhattan Winkel Rattle and Teether
- This mesmerizing maze of safe, soft, continuous tubes is a perfect...
- Infant toy promotes clutching and two-handed play; middle cube...
- Multiple newborn toy award winner, including the Oppenheim Toy...
- Safe, teethable plastic loops are BPA free and surface wash only, do...
- Baby teether suitable for ages 0-24 months; Do not boil or steam...
This toy is designed for children aged between 0 and 24 months. As the name suggests, the toy will come in handy for children with teething problems or looking for something to chew on to stimulate their gums. It is also quite a spectacle and mesmerizing for the child on first sight, which then turns to fun-filled play moments after. The toy can also be used to provide relief if the kid has a sore mouth. It is easy to grasp and hold; hence the kid shouldn’t have trouble keeping it. The Manhattan Winkle Rattle produces a rattling sound which can be stimulating to young children. It may, however, be too noisy especially if looking for peace and quiet.
4. LeapFrog My Pal Violet
- Download your child's name and favorite things to this cuddly...
- Listen to any of 5 pre-loaded lullaby tunes, 4 learning songs
- Press Violet's paws for lullabies, learning songs and activities with...
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for...
- Three playful melodies or select music from an online list of 30 songs...
Cute and cuddly toys are little girl’s favorites, and especially for one-year-olds. The LeapFrog little fella might be just the gift your daughter needs. One of the reasons we chose this toy is the fact that it is fully customizable, and can be linked up to your phone. The toy can learn your kid’s name and even say it loud when needed. In addition to this, the toy comes with 50 songs, some of which can be played when the kid is active, and gentle lullabies to help her go to sleep. She can also use the toy to learn numbers, animals, and colors, making it an excellent gift.
5. Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks
- Baby can sort and stack and learn to identify and match shapes
- Shape-Sorting lid and 5 different shapes help build early...
- 10 colorful blocks are easy to grasp, hold and store inside bucket
Manufactured by Fisher-Price, the Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks will come in handy for your girl. This is more of an educational toy that helps nurture the kid’s creativity while promoting her motor skill development, imagination and hand-eye coordination. With these blocks, she will be able to learn how to match shapes and colors, a fundamental skill that improves their problem-solving skill as well as recognizing patterns.
The package contains five shape sorting blocks, one color per block. It is sizeable enough making it easy for 6-month old babies and older to hold and play with. These blocks are also light in weight, hence won’t be too much for the little one. Having this toy as a gift for your kids would not only help her but also come in handy as she grows older and learns other ways of solving problems.
6. Whisper Ride II for Toddlers
- A toddler push car with a sleek automotive design, smooth quiet ride...
- Ride on features two cup holders for the child and one for parents
- Car features an easy to fold handle for easy storage and quick...
- Safety belt included to keep toddlers secure inside the car
- Spacious storage located under the car's hood for transportation of...
The Pink Whisper Ride Buggy is a thrilling gift for your 1-year old. The sexy and sleek buggy will provide her with absolute comfort as she rides it in the house and paved driveways. The buggy also comes equipped with a fully functional horn, seatbelt, storage space under the hood, and cup holders.
Your little girl will now be able to drive her own ‘car,’ something many kids adore these days. This should make playing more fun-filled which not only expands her imagination but also makes her feel independent at a tender age. You should now be able to take a walk with her as she rides on the Whisper Ride II Buggy instead of taking her on a conventional stroller.
7. VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight
- Educational kids toy features exciting songs and music that teach...
- Kids flashlight comes with over 50 sing-along songs, music, sounds and...
- This early learning center teaches toddlers to count along and learn...
- Interactive toy is perfect for infants and toddlers ages 1 through 3;...
- The flashlight toy operates on two AAA batteries that are included;...
Young children are always attracted to colorful lights. You can now have your little angel play with the Spin and Learn Color Flashlight. This toy is capable of projecting five colorful lights featured in animal and numbered buttons which provide interactive learning and play. It is also loaded with children’s songs, more than 50 melodies, sound effects, and fun phrases as well. Simply pressing the ladybug button at the top of the flashlight activates these sounds and melodies.
Although designed to be a toy, the Spin and Learn Color Flashlight provides a fun, educational way to teach your child colors and numbers at a young stage. The kid also gets to have fun with the different colors lighting up, and can play with it while alone in her bedroom.
8. LeapFrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket
- Appropriate for children ages 6 to 36 months. Skills learned while...
- Children build motor skills as they sort, match, stack, empty and...
- Explore shapes and colors/colours with food pieces, and manners and...
- Play and learn with a 14-piece picnic set that includes 6 food items,...
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for...
Although your 1-year old may not be ready to share her playthings with anyone yet, introducing her to the concept would be a wise idea. The Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket is a toy that comes equipped with two sets of plates, cups, and forks, as well as six different food items. To stimulate a real picnic, the toy comes with its picnic blanket to complement everything. Opening the basket activates a variety of instrumental melodies that play in the background.
With the toy, your little angel will want to play with other children as they simulate a real picnic, whereby they will have to share items on the picnic basket as they play. This way, she learns the art of sharing, a noble gesture that will come in handy later on in life. The items also come in various shapes and sizes, and plenty of other delightful surprises/treasures waiting to be found. This could be the toy you have been looking for to unleash your kid’s generous nature.
9. Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
- 50+ sing-along songs, tunes & phrases
- Includes Smart Stages technology - learning content changes as baby...
- Three levels of play offer fresh songs, phrases & sounds for your...
- Enter baby's age for automatic Smart Stages level changes or manually...
- Seat activates songs & phrases when baby sits & stands
This little chair is an entire learning center filled with all forms of fun activities. Its armrests have a numeric pad and built-in colorful storybook too. The designers also incorporated a switch that puts the chair in different learning modes; all meant to teach children various shapes. It is also equipped with various tunes and melodies, as well as songs meant to make playing with it even more fun. In addition to this, your girl will learn various fun phrases when sitting on the chair. Simply standing on the chair activates sound effects, a ‘cool’ idea for the kids.
This chair is sizeable enough for the kid to sit on without breaking it. All the features are within her reach, meaning she won’t need anyone to help her activate the various fun activities and sounds incorporated in the chair. The little Laugh and Learn Smart Stages chair also comes with other secrets that the kid has to discover on her own. For instance, she can learn numbers, letters, and children’s songs with just the chair alone.
10. Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Piano
- Add a name or message to front edge of piano to personalize; see...
- Brightly-painted upright piano
- Features 25 keys and 2 full octaves.
- Includes an illustrated songbook and color-coded key chart.
- High-quality materials ensure durability and safety.
Parents are always advised to help nature their kid’s talent. One way to do this is by buying her this Mini keyboard. The Melissa & Doug Learn-to-Play Piano has the basic low and high sounds with two high octaves and 25 keys. With the help of this little piano, your little angel will be learning how to create her tunes and even play songs from the color-coded songbook.
Unlike many other toys, this mini piano is made of wood, hence sturdy enough to support the child while assuring you of their safety. The brightly colored keyboard will be a key attraction for young children as well. As your young girl plays with the piano, she will get to discover her gift as a singer. Who knows, she could be the next best musician you know. She could also use the piano as a hobby when taking a break from all her other toys. This can be the 1st birthday gift she will always remember through her life.
11. B. Toys B. One Two Squeeze Blocks
- A true classic baby toy! Super soft blocks for toddlers and babies...
- 10 hand-sculpted toy blocks! Stack them up, up, up... All the way to...
- Bpa free! These soft blocks are BPA and phthalates free.
- Squeezy, squeaky! Chewable blocks, perfect for Lil' nibblers.
- Beautiful reusable bag! 100% recycled fabric, put it all away at the...
Little girls will love these colorful Squeeze Blocks for one-year-old girls. They are soft, chewable, and stackable and come in a set of 10 blocks with beautiful animals and numbers embossed on each side. These toys are very versatile as they are completely buoyant your little one can also play with it in the bath.
All kids love playing with blocks and babies in particular love squeeze toys. Designed specifically for toddlers, these practical blocks bring both these time-honored favorites together in one multi-purpose toy. Babies will love stacking the blocks and knocking them down again. Adults will appreciate that the demolition process will not be too loud, unlike wooden blocks.
The educational element of these blocks with 3-D images of letters means they can be used for years, helping kids with observations skills when they get a little older.
12. Melissa & Doug First Bead Maze
- CLASSIC DEVELOPMENTAL TOY - WITH A TWIST: The Melissa & Doug First...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This baby bead maze is made from high-quality...
- EXCEPTIONAL DEVELOPMENT TOY: Our Melissa & Doug First Bead Maze baby...
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 12 MONTHS AND UP: The First Bead Maze is an...
- "THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa...
Melissa and Doug is a well-established toy brand that produces excellent educational toys for young children and this toy with a twist is no exception. The aim of the game is for the child to move blocks with different shapes from one side to the other across softly coated, twisted wires. With the focus on hand-eye coordination, this is a tantalizing experience that will keep young children occupied for hours.
The bright colors are highly captivating, and the textures are interesting for small fingers to touch. There are three plastic rings and several wooden beads that are easy to slide along, unlike other similar toys that are sticky and difficult for small hands to manipulate. The excellent craftsmanship used in making these toys are what sets the Melissa and Doug brand apart, as well as the attention to detail in the design that exercises the motor skills of tiny tots and fine tunes their sensory perception.
13. Baby Starters Plush Snuggle Buddy
- This loveable doll is the perfect friend for a little girl
- Babies love the super soft fabric, satin lining and cute character....
- Snuggle Buddy is a plush toy that doubles as a security blanket
- Only friends made by Rashti and Rashti can be called a Snuggle Buddy
- Machine washable
This Snuggle Buddy is the perfect gift for a little girl who is just getting used to sleeping on her own at night. This soft toy is not only a beautiful doll but also doubles as a comfort blanket to help soothe fears.
Because this type of doll will be going through lots of wear and tear, it is machine washable and durable enough to come out of the wash looking great every time. We all know how kids love to drag their favorite toys along with them and leave them on the floor. That is why its longevity is such a huge bonus that will add value to the price of this lovely doll.
14. Little People Surprise and Sound Home
- Welcome home - open & close the front door!
- Kids discover more than 50 sounds, songs & phrases!
- Press on the alarm clock to flip Emma right out of bed & hear fun...
- Open the oven & refrigerator doors for lights & phrases!
- Lift the toilet seat for flushing & other silly sounds!
This wonderful educational toy allows your little girl to manage her own home while learning different sounds and dancing to the catchy music coming from the set.
This small, motor-driven toy operates with sounds and movements while your little one completes virtual daily chores during her keeping house game. One example is starting the day with Emma getting out of bed and watching a little bird chirping outside the window.
When the toilet flush is touched, it makes a funny, quirky flushing sound and when the refrigerator doors are opened little lights pop up accompanied by phrases. The list of things your little girl can explore in this house goes on and on, and she can even create some ideas of her own.
This is a fun way for a one-year-old girl to learn while playing. The different sounds and phrases are educational, and the music is joyful, inspiring little toddlers to move and groove to the music.
Your little girl will love this motor-driven virtual house, and it will make a perfect first birthday gift.
15. Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
- Sturdy pretend stroller steadies baby's first steps
- Music plays as baby walks along, or when baby presses the wiggly...
- Hands-on activities include spinners, roller bar and flipbook
- Adorable stroller styling encourages early role play and nurturing
- Includes 3 button cell batteries
Little girls love playing mommy and with this stroll along walker your little one-year-old can have lots of fun. The make-believe stroller includes a flipbook, a roller bar, and spinners for additional fun. When the little wiggly jiggly bear on the handlebar is pressed, it activates three different melodies that your little girl will love. This little walker has a wide wheelbase to support your little one-year-old girl safely.
Your precious little girl will cherish this toy stroller especially designed for toddlers to be is sturdy enough to support a child’s first steps while enjoying the fun-filled activities provided by the spinners and the cute wiggly bear.
This is not your average toy. This versatile walker will give your little girl a chance to reverse roles when suddenly she is taking her little doll for a walk instead of being the one taken for a walk.
16. 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike
- Grows with your child - 4 ways to ride: infant trike, steering trike,...
- Secure 3-point harness and high back seat for infant safety.
- Removable safety tray with cup holder. Adjustable seat grows with your...
- Adult Steer & Stroll adjustable push handle. Pedals become footrests...
- Removable canopy for UV protection. Covered storage bin for added fun.
This is a perfect one-year-old gift for a boy or a girl. Regardless of your child’s gender, all toddlers love toys that get them moving and help them develop their muscles and strength.
This 4-in-1 walker/cycle can be used for at least four years from the time of purchase. It is the perfect toddler vehicle for kids as young as 12 months and features a harness and canopy.
As your child grows, it can be used as a steering tricycle and advance to a ride-on trike when your child is learning to ride. At the age of about 4, it can be used as a classic trike.
For a one-year-old, the safety features are the ones that are most important in this versatile toy. The smooth harness and pedals that can be turned into footrests will give your little one the confidence and joy of a smooth, safe ride.
The manufacturers have focused their efforts on the durability and extended use of this stroll-along walker/trike with its adjustable seat and sturdy metal frame.
17. Laugh & Learn Kitchen
- Refrigerator full of busy fun, including on & off light switch,...
- Opens for two sides of play
- Folds for easy storage
- Inspires imagination & early role play
- Introduces objects, letters, colors, shapes, greetings, manners & more
This Laugh n Learn kitchen set is the smallest kitchen you can give your little one-year-old at just over a foot tall. Small as it is, this excellent toy is packed with learning activities designed to stimulate psychomotor and optimum cognitive development. The mini-kitchen comes complete with a kitchen sink and a stove with oven. When opened up it folds out to reveal a refrigerator. The set plays sing-along songs, has a shape sorter, and interesting light effects to keep little minds occupied and little hands busy.
Little girls love playing pretend games where they can do the same things they see their parents doing around the house, including cooking meals in the kitchen. The kitchen is a fascinating, albeit dangerous place for young children. With this little kitchen, you can teach your little girl how to observe safety while simulating the cooking process. The set also includes fun activities and games that will delight your little one.
18. Green Toys Dump Truck
- Safe Toy: dump truck is made with environment-friendly materials. Use...
- Usage of Dump Toy: this pink color truck toy is designed for girls and...
- Pack Includes: this pack of dump truck toy consists a workable dumper...
- Durable Truck Toy: this toy set is made from recycled plastic milk...
- Easy to Clean: dump truck toy can be cleaned using mild baby shampoo...
With this lovely dump truck, your little one-year-old can play on the beach or in the sandbox. This beautiful toy truck comes with a real dumper action for loading and unloading. Made from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs, it has no BPA, PVC, or added phthalates.
All kids love spending time in the sandbox playing in the dirt, and this is dump truck is the perfect toy to use outdoors. It is also great to pop into a beach bag for playtime at the beach. Because it is made from non-toxic materials, you can have peace of mind that this Green Toys Dump Truck is free from any harmful chemicals.
19. Mary Meyer Marshmallow Junior Happy Horse Soft Toy
- Marshmallow Junior Happy Horse is an ultra soft friend with light...
- Measures approximately 9-Inches
- Incredibly huggable, little arms will love to squeeze; machine...
- Mary Meyer products are all made to strict quality standards to meet...
- Mary Meyer toys have the lasting value you expect from a family-owned...
Get your little one excited about learning to ride a real horse with this Happy Horse Soft Toy. The action of holding on to the horse’s ears and staying upright as it bounces fine tunes motor skills and encourages good balancing skills.
Your little one will have hours of fun and may even become so attached to it that they will want to use it as a seat while watching their favorite TV programs. This inflatable horse is easy to inflate and will make a great gift for any little boy or girl.
An added bonus is that it is soft and doesn’t make any noise to drive you crazy. Recommended for children from 1 year old to about three years, this is a family-friendly gift to buy for your little one-year-old that will last for a couple of years.
20. Melissa & Doug Caterpillar Xylophone Musical Toy With Wooden Mallets
- RAINBOW-COLORED XYLOPHONE: The Melissa & Doug Caterpillar Xylophone is...
- HELPS CHILDREN EXPLORE MUSIC: This caterpillar-themed xylophone allows...
- DEVELOPS MULTIPLE SKILLS: Our Melissa & Doug xylophone is a creative...
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 TO 6 YEARS: The Melissa & Doug Caterpillar...
- "THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa...
With this caterpillar shaped xylophone, you can bring out the musician in your little one-year-old. Xylophones are very easy to use as all it does not need much more than simply banging on the keys with the wooden stick provided. Let your little one create his or her own music with this colorful, musical toy. Cute to look at and fun to play with, this is the perfect gift for a one-year-old.
21. Melissa & Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy
- CUDDLY FISH FRIEND: The Melissa & Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy is a...
- EASY TO CLEAN: This infant developmental toy is made from washable...
- PROMOTES MULTIPLE DEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS: The Melissa & Doug baby flip...
- "THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY": For more than 30 years, Melissa...
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest quality...
This delightful toy will be a favorite of any 1-year old girl. The fabric fish features 15 fabric scales all featuring different colors and textures for your child to explore. Under each scale is a hidden picture, or mirror, to keep them entertained and using all of their senses. The tail has a hidden squeaker, which the little girl will love, even if it eventually drives you crazy.
22. Lamaze Fifi The Firefly
- Mirror play helps baby learn how to focus, track images and explore...
- Clacking rings awaken auditory senses
- Fun jingle sound will delight and keep baby entertained, capture...
- Soft velour body and multiple textures on the wings keep baby engaged
- Tethered ladybug teether helps to sooth baby's gums
Fifi is another fabric toy filled with colors and textures to entice your little girl to play. It even gives her something extra to sink her teeth into. A tethered teething ring is attached to the bottom. So, even when she is feeling a little grumpy from teething, she can keep on playing and chewing at the same time.
Fifi The Firefly takes care of all of your daughter’s senses, too. The mirrors help attract her eyes and get her to focus on the toy. The rings clink and clank together to make noise that all kids love. The bright colors help her learn colors and keep her interest high. Her fingers will enjoy exploring all the different textures.
23. VTech Brilliant Baby Laptop
- Explore and learn with the Brilliant Baby Laptop by VTech; this...
- Choose animal mode to learn about animals and their sounds, shape mode...
- Plays 115+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; opening and closing...
- Features movable mouse-shaped mouse; chunky carrying handle makes it...
- Requires 2 AA batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only;...
Your thought she was too young to need a laptop? Well, not for this one. This clever toy is designed to get your child exploring and chase away technology fears at the same time.
Lights and sounds are going to make your little girl squeal. The Brilliant Baby Laptop is exactly that, brilliantly colored. Bright yellow, red, violet, green and orange will have your child starting to learn colors quickly. The different shaped buttons help her to explore and discover what sounds go with what shapes. You can even begin teaching her numbers using her new little laptop.
The VTech laptop is an excellent exploration and learning toy. It is designed for kids from 6 months to 3 years old, making it perfect for a first birthday gift. Do not forget to get extra AA batteries, because she is sure to drain the included batteries fast.
24. Disneys Minnie Mouse Bow-tique
- 5-Page story book teaches shapes, numbers and more
- Bilingual features: English/Spanish (language selector)
- For ages 12 months and older
- Use 2 "AA" batteries (included)
Minnie Mouse has remained a favorite of little girls for decades. If your 1-year old is a Minnie and Mickie fan the Minnie Mouse Bow-tique Learning Book may be the perfect gift.
The book features Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck on the cover, but that is not what will grab her attention. She will quickly be playing with the 3 brightly colored buttons that light up and make sounds. Once you open the book, it looks like a large Minnie Mouse Butterfly, with numbers and shapes your little girl can explore. The book was created for 1-year old children and older, making it an ideal gift.
25. Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
- Interactive learning baby Walker features a removable toddler play...
- Early learning center has 5 piano keys that play music and encourage...
- Features 2 colorful spinning rollers, 3 shape sorters, and 3 light-up...
- Pretend telephone handset and mechanical elements enhance role-play...
- Over 70 sing-along songs, music, sound effects and fun phrases;...
Is your little girl already walking? She will love the fact that she can push this toy around the room and then plop down to play. The wheels move easily over hard or carpeted floors. She will enjoy making music with the tiny 5 key piano with its programmed music. You may need to pull out your cell phone to answer all the calls she makes with her new make-believe phone.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Toys for 1-year-old Girls
We prefer toys which promote child development. You want your children to be learning while they play. We selected toys which help them improve their motor skills, to explore and to think. We chose some toys because they aid in getting your children to relax and fall asleep quickly, or to encourage exploring new foods. Stacking toys, block, puzzles and other toys which make your child practice their motor skills are among our favorites. We believe toys should be both fun and educational at the same time.
You have probably already noticed your child’s developing imagination, and we believe it is essential to guide them in using their imagination and creativity. Toys are the perfect avenue for them to learn. The right toys help them gain in confidence, become more skilled with their movements, and even aid in learning to communicate. Choosing the right toys for your children can give them a head-start on development.
Animal gifts and stuffed animals are favorites with parents, grandparents, and the kids. Your child’s desire to cuddle is a perfect match for a cuddly stuffed animal. It is not uncommon for a child to keep their favorite stuffed animal throughout their entire childhood, and sometimes as adults. Most of us do not have the time to make a handmade gift, but you can get the handmade feeling with stuffed animals which have been personalized for your child. You can have their initials or their entire name added to your gift.
Safety – One of Our Biggest Concerns
Toys come with warning labels for a reason. Think about how your 1-year old plays. They do not only feel every item, they usually taste it, too. Toys that are labeled for children 3 years and older usually have small items included which could be a choking hazard for your toddler. We recommend staying with toys which are labeled for your child’s age for safety.
Check the toys you are going to buy carefully. Occasionally toys can have sharp edges which create a danger for your child. Also, make sure the toys are labeled as non-toxic. This goes back to our previous warning. Your child will put the toys in their mouths, make sure they are safe. Top brands like Fisher-Price, Disney, and Vtech take precautions to make sure the toys they label for toddlers are safe.
These companies carefully test all of their toys to make sure they meet non-toxic standards, or they do not put them on the shelf. Even though these companies take great precautions, there a few safety ideas you should follow:
- Read the enclosed instruction sheet. We know it looks easy to operate, but take a few moments to make sure you are not missing any safety recommendations the manufacturer included. You might find a warning you never expected.
- Parental supervision is recommended. Even when a toy is completely safe, your child is still immeasurably safer when a parent is there to watch them.
- Battery Warning: It is easy to forget the dangers of batteries. Take a few extra seconds and make sure the battery chamber is locked. Most toys for young children include a security screw to make sure the children cannot open the door. Use the screw. Small batteries are both a choking hazard and a toxic hazard. If used properly, battery operated toys are very safe.
Developmental Skills – Helping Your Child Grow
Children learn at an amazing rate as toddlers. It is an important developmental stage that sets the tone for the rest of their life. By choosing toys which stimulate their senses and help them learn, you provide them with a learning advantage. Here are a few skills which toys can help them develop:
Sensory: Lets Touch It, See It and Hear It: You have probably noticed your child explores everything with their fingers, their mouth, and their other senses. They are learning through exploration. Toys with bright colors, sounds, and a variety of textures help them learn. Musical toys help them develop rhythm and hearing. You can get down on the floor and help your child learn by telling them if a texture is smooth, rough or soft.
Cognitive: Lets Recognize Things: Your child is just starting to associate names with faces. They are starting to learn what colors the like, what different foods are, and many different things. Toys can help expends their cognitive development. Music helps them learn about sounds and may have them start to sing along. Your child’s language skills can start to mature by learning songs and listening to their toys say words. Toys can be a great teaching tool for toddlers.
Communication: Lets Talk About It: Your child has been communicating with you for months, but it is around 1-year-old that your child starts to develop language skills. They will start making different sounds to indicate what food they want, who they want to play with, or if they have a problem. Toys can help them develop their communication skills through repetition. Your child can play a song repeatedly until they start to mimic it. They can play words over and over and associate it with pictures. You give your child the chance to learn words faster with the right choice of toys.
Imagination: The Stories Begin: Toys help a child develop their imagination, especially with the help of their parents. Choose toys where you can interweave stories into the playtime and let your child contribute their crazy ideas. Our imagination is what allows us to solve problems, come up with new ideas, and to excel in life. Help your child explore their budding imagination with toys and stories.
Motor Skills & Coordination – Its Time to Dance
Your little girl has gone from rolling over and crawling to trying to walk. Now is the perfect time to keep her motor skill developing at a fast rate. You can choose toys that help them learn to walk. There are toys to help them develop hand-eye coordination. Stacking toys and blocks help them learn steady movements. Stand-up toys help them work on balance and coordination. Choose a wide variety of toys to help them develop their motor skills. It will not be long, and she will want to dance with her mommy and daddy as her toys play their songs.
Sharing & Bonding – Its All About Family Time
When you start looking at toys for your 1-year-old child, make sure to think about how you can play with them, too. Every little girl craves time playing with their mother and father. You will love the time bonding with your child and watching as she quickly learns new skills. Your bonding time has an added advantage. You are supervising your child’s play, making sure they are safe.
This is the perfect time to start teaching your child about sharing, too. Ask them if you can play with one of their toys and praise them when they share. See if they are willing to take a toy to a sibling to let them join the fun.
Learning to play with other children and adults is an important skill for your child. They may already be playing with other children in daycare, but all too soon, they will be entering school. By teaching them about playing with others and sharing, they will have an advantage when they start school.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will my child still enjoy using these toys when getting older?
A: You will notice most of the toys are listed as appropriate for ages 1 to 3. You will quickly discover that your children will keep playing with them for years. Most of our choices are durable toys, which can easily be used by new toddlers if your family continues to grow.
Children do outgrow toys, but each child is different. One child may play with a toy until they are 3, while the next one has moved on by 18 months. Watching how our children grow and learn with their toys is part of the fun.
Q: Are any of these toys suitable for 1-year-old boys?
A: Of course, most of these toys are great for both boys and girls. Many of the toys we listed come in different colors. We may have featured the pink color for girls, but you can find colors suitable for boys, too. We recognize many parents want gender-neutral toys, today. Most of the toys we chose can be purchased in a variety of bright colors instead of traditional pink or blue.
Q: Do any of the toys include a warranty?
A: Great question! Many of the battery operated toys do include a limited warranty. You may find a card inside the box offering an extended warranty for a low-cost, also. Make sure you read the warranty information to see what is covered. In most cases, the warranty helps if the toy does not work properly when you first buy it, or if it stops functioning during the warranty period.
Q: Are instructions included with the toys?
A: That depends on the toy. All of the electronic toys do include instructions to tell you how to safely install the batteries and operate the toys. We recommend putting the instructions in a safe place in-case you have future questions. Please read all instructions carefully and completely, especially for safety concerns.
As you can probably guess, simple toys with no batteries and almost no moving parts do not include instructions.
Q: Do I need to be worried about toxic materials?
A: Most of us can remember the big scare when lead was found in children’s toys back in 2006 and 2007. These issues are now largely resolved. The Consumer Product Safety Commission established the guidelines which require all toys for children under 12-years-old to be tested. Third party laboratories carefully evaluate each toy to make sure they meet all requirements before they are allowed to be sold. All toys included in our list meet these standards.
Q: Does that mean these toys are 100% safe?
A: We wish we could make that kind of statement, but you know it would not be true. The toys have been carefully evaluated for safety to make sure they are free of toxic materials and do not have any obvious safety concerns. All of the toys were designed and manufactured to be meet the safe criteria for toddlers and under, so are as safe as possible. We still recommend parental supervision when toddlers are playing with toys, to make sure they remain safe. Our children are ingenious at trying things we never thought of.
Choosing a Gift for a 1-Year-Old Girl: The Challenge Was Fun
We knew finding the perfect gifts for 1-year-old girls would be a challenge, but we never realized how fun it would be, too. We discovered a wide variety of toys which are sure to delight any little girl.
At one-year-old, your little girl is just starting to walk and thinking about her first words. She is beginning to explore your home, and the world, at an ever-increasing pace. The fun is just beginning.
Toys can plan an important role in her growth and learning. Choosing the right toys will help her explore new words, music, sharing, and color. You can even find toys to help her learn to walk more confidently.
We hope you enjoyed our selection of toys for 1-year-old girls and found one perfect for her birthday gift.
Last update on 2019-02-15 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API